Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

WHY YOU'RE NOT BECOMING WHO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE

Thursday, December 4, 2014

A couple weeks ago it hit me really hard.  There was always this nagging at the back of my mind telling me that I wasn't at my full potential, that I knew I could be so much more.  It wasn't until recently that I really realized that dang, I am not completely who I want to be.  I always had this image when I was younger that by this time in my life I would be so much more outgoing, daring, and adventurous (3 things that I had never been in my life before). So why wasn't I this person?

 There are steps you can take to make you look like you've got it all together and make everyone believe you're comfortable with who you are.  For instance, I'm all for the idea of a dramatic style change or doing something crazy with your hair to start off the adventure to find yourself, but do these outward changes truly change who you are on the inside?  The straight up truth to that is simply "no".  While amping up your fashion game and changing certain things about your appearance can boost your self confidence and start your journey to reaching your full potential, these things alone are not enough.  In order to become the person you want to be...



  • You have to push yourself as far as you can go 
  • You have to learn to take risks and not be afraid to learn from mistakes
  • You have to be the one to get over that fear that's holding you back
  • You have to WANT to see a change in yourself and then make it happen.  
Once you realize that reaching your full potential doesn't happen without work, then that's when you realize that you have to get up and do what needs to be done.  

♡ alexa ♡

10 comments:

  1. This is such a great post that I can totally relate to. I am a completely different person than who I imagine myself to be. I think that realizing who you really are is a step toward reaching your full potential because it's impossible to be good at someone you're not. Changing yourself is a lot harder than changing your appearance; it's within you, not on the surface.
    Again, great post (it really got me thinking!)
    ~Sophia
    Plaid Is My Favourite Colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! Be fearless and courageous, step out and do what you are passionate about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and very good advice, Alexa. To make our life the best is up to us. Love the outfit, btw.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I'm so glad we found each others blogs! I can't wait to read more, I followed you as well!

    Ps you're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look dear Alexa! Can't wait to see the next one :)
    Areta,
    ♡ http://www.fashionmyloveit.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everything you said. Sometimes I feel so stuck that I end up quitting from doing what I love, but what the hell, quitting will take me nowhere near my goals so why bother?

    Life With Antlers

    ReplyDelete

white rabbit tail © 2014